Friday, September 5, 2008

Audrey Kawasaki


I have to admit, I have very strange taste in many things, especially in art. Rarely do I try to share my obsession of the moment with people, as it is after all a very subjective form of presentation, and I'm not good at explaining the underlying reasons behind my attraction to certain artists or pieces. But I just couldn't contain my excitement after seeing the pieces Audrey Kawasaki showed in her solo exhibition in Rome. The paintings are absolutely gorgeous...check them out for yourselves, but keep an open mind.
For those of you who are not familiar with Audrey, she's a LA based artist who's known for her amazing wood panel oil painting of feminine yet erotically charged anime inspired girls.












Source: Audrey Kawasaki's blog http://i-seldom-do.livejournal.com/







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting.... Not something you could put on a big open wallspace though..